About the role:
You’d be joining a growing design team at an ambitious investor-backed startup.
This position works closely with the Product & Development team to create engaging designs and experiences that reflect business requirements, support user needs, and are technically feasible.
- Assist with research to further explore the sectors required to define the product value proposition
- Generate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colours and images
- Ideation of UI designs and exploration of features/functionality to improve the UX
- Design graphic UI elements
- Produce low-fidelity mockups and prototypes
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Use feedback to improve designs and expand into high-fidelity prototypes that clearly illustrate how the product will function and what it should look like
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems
What you can expect from the role:
- Work as part of a team focused on designing solutions that align with end-user needs, collaborating when necessary but also being able to carry our required tasks independently. This will include taking part in design critiques, incorporating feedback for continuous improvement.
- Be active within an iterative design process, where you will not only be working closely with the design team and product team but the development team too. This will include things such as sprint planning, contributing to user stories, 3 amigos, retros etc.
- Apply the principles of human-centred Design and User Experience Design to create intuitive designs such that information is easy to find, consume, and understand whilst adhering to existing style guides where applicable.
- Design solutions based on research findings, user stories, user business requirements documents and/or technical design documents.
- Demonstrate proficiency in skills associated with research, information architecture, interaction design and visual design, by working on small-scale improvements to existing products and exploration of newer products. Exploration will include; research, developing personas, mapping out user journeys, sketch ideation, lo-fi prototyping, wireframing etc.
- Expand your practice through reading, tutorials and videos, new technologies, increase knowledge and understanding by learning about other parts of the business and existing products.
- Daily stand-ups, one to one (and group) reflection sessions, open-door policy for discussing anything required throughout.
Who we are looking for?
- Background and experience in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Visual Design, Motion Graphics
- Remote-supported but based in NE ideally as we intend to collaborate in the studio (COVID19 dependent)
- Demonstrated interest in emerging technologies and trends (preferred, not essential)
- Those with an interest in breaking into Tech/Design