NRG are delighted to be working with a well-established IT service provider headquartered in the North East on the recruitment of a Network Consultant. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of running multiple projects including upgrades, migrations and installations from solution planning through to implementation.
The successful individual will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience providing consultancy on network/telecommunications services and be experienced in the following areas:
- Administration - Firewalls/Routers/Switches (CCNP Equivalent or above, CCIE Level Preferable)
- LAN/WAN – Technologies – MPLS, VPLS, SDWAN
- LAN/WAN – In-depth knowledge of First Hop redundancy – HSRP, VRRP, GLBP
- LAN/WAN – In-depth knowledge of STP, RSTP, PVST, VTP, VPC, VSS, LACP, PaGP
- LAN/WAN – Experience of Routing, Static, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP
- LAN/WAN – Circuit Order Management, Network Design, Provisioning, and Installation
- LAN/WAN – Management / Monitoring / Documentation (Visio)
- LAN/WAN – Extensive product knowledge on – Cisco ASA, ASA-CX, Firepower Threat Defence, Cisco Switching (Catalyst, Nexus) Dell N,S,X,Z Series Switching, HP Switching Experience desirable.
- LAN/WAN – Meraki Full-stack experience, SDWAN, Switching, Wireless design and implementation (CMNA Equivalent or above)
- Consultation, Audit, Design and Installation of Enterprise Wireless Solutions – Cisco Aironet, Cisco Meraki, Ubiquiti Unifi
- Network Routing / Proxy Servers / FaaS / Web Filtering
- Security – Administration and Configuration of Next-Generation Firewalls (Cisco and Fortigate), Anti Malware, IPS, Layer 3 – 7 firewalling and policies.
- Security – Trend Tipping Point IPS, Trend Deep Discovery
- Security – In-depth knowledge of radius authentication using Microsoft NPS
This position is available on a partial-remote basis however the successful applicant will have to be located in a commutable distance to Newcastle City Centre on an ad-hoc basis.