Marketing, Communications & Advertising
Managerial / Senior
11 - 50 employees
At Grid, we have a desire to innovate and make a positive impact on how everyone can use the kerb, through a patented concept, building it out with some government funded projects and progressive partners. We have also developed and established internal teams that bring Design Thinking and new Software Development as close together as possible, in order to develop products that meet the needs of users and stakeholders.
What we need now is someone to help us not only translate all that we have built to those that need to know about it, but to help us understand the market, the users and stakeholders more closely. We don’t just have a strong story to tell, but we have strong teams that need feeding, pushing and exploiting.
Grid needs someone that is comfortable with the day-to-day along with setting out the strategy for way beyond tomorrow. As the need is immediate and includes the day-to-day, deadlines will be tight, so working in that environment against dynamic needs is key, as is being strong to ensure Grid delivers the best it can against its ambitious plans.
Grid is an investor-backed start-up, and as such we have a growing and evolving culture. At times our week can change rapidly, but we do so with a focus on a target. Anyone who comes in will need to not only work with us in this way but be able to help Grid evolve and mature in its processes and practices. The opportunity is here to establish Marketing as a function at Grid, and also establish Marketing in the Senior Management of Grid.
Objectives of this Role:
● Establish positioning, identify target audiences, and develop marketing plans with specific objectives across different channels and segments
● Lead the execution of marketing programs from start to finish, leveraging internal support and driving collaboration
● Analyse customer insights, consumer trends, market analysis, and marketing best practices to build successful strategies
● Create, maintain, and conduct analytics reporting across multiple platforms and extract key insights for future campaign development and go-to-market strategies, complete with formal proposals and recommendations on tactics
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
● Working in partnership with Design, develop creative briefs and support creative direction to meet objectives for all advertising and public-facing communications, including print, digital, and video assets.
● Conceptualise and execute on multi-channel campaigns across the prospect and customer lifecycle, ensuring the alignment of communications and messaging across all channels.
● Manage content and updates for customer and internal touch points, establishing budget guidelines, participating in events, documenting business processes, and providing additional sales support.
● Gather customer and market insights to inform outreach strategies, increase customer conversions, and generate more qualified leads.
● Identify effectiveness and impact of current marketing initiatives with tracking and analysis, and optimise accordingly.
● Present ideas and final deliverables to internal and external teams, and communicate with senior leaders about marketing programs, strategies, and budgets
● Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or related field.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Proven experience developing marketing plans and campaigns.
● Strong project management, multitasking, and decision-making skills.
● Metrics-driven marketing mind.
● Experience with marketing automation and CRM tools.
Preferred Qualifications / Experience:
● Proficiency with online marketing and social media strategy.
● Experience or working with / communicating to Local Authorities / Government.
● Established press and media contacts (Logistics, Construction)