NRG are delighted to be working with a truly revolutionary, rapid growth high-tech financial services provider based on the outskirts of Newcastle. Due to growth and expansion, they are looking to recruit a Junior DevOps Engineer with a good understanding of Azure PaaS and IaaS concepts. You will be responsible for the deployment and support of multi-tier applications hosted within Azure PaaS and IaaS and on site, client & internal installations.
Azure Cloud Support (PaaS and IaaS) dealing with the following technologies with a view to monitor and react to alerts on a day to day basis, whilst assisting in the introduction of new monitoring tools, techniques and automation going forward.
- Azure Portal
- Access and security control
- IaaS: Networking, Virtual Machines, Gateways etc.
- PaaS: SQL Azure, App Services, Azure DevOps etc.
- Monitoring: Azure Monitor, Application Insights, Log Analytics etc.
- On Site Server Support (Windows 2012 - 2016) dealing with the following:
- Active Directory
- Group Policy
- Managing and maintaining the servers (with third party support) – Windows Virtual Servers (VMWARE)
- System Monitoring
Experience / Qualifications
- Azure PaaS and IaaS Support experience is essential. Whilst on the job training and mentorship will be available, it’s essential that you have a demonstratable foundation to build upon.
- IT support experience in a similar role
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the business
- Strong team-worker able to support junior team members as required
- Willing and able to expand and develop wide skills and knowledge
- Flexible approach and enthusiastic attitude
- Committed and self-motivated
Salary : 30,000 – 33,000 based on experience + £500 per month bonus