We are seeking a passionate and experienced hands-on Tech Lead Manager to join our Engineering team and help grow our product to the next level.
In this role, you will:
- Assist product owners in understanding client needs from a technical perspective.
- Partner with product owners in scheduling, planning, and sizing of functional specifications.
- Act as the ScrumMaster for the team, responsible for sprint planning and team coordination to dependably deliver committed projects on time with high quality.
- Provide technical leadership to an agile team in architecture design and software development best practices
- Coach and mentor direct reports on the agile team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate with team members in a fast-paced, agile development environment
- 7+ years of experience with Server side development
- 7+ years of experience with Java
- 3+ years of experience with Relational DB integration
- 3+ years of experience with Unix/Linux and shell scripting
- Successful track records in mentoring and motivating direct reports to produce their best work
Additional skills desired:
- Experience with audio-video transcoding and streaming services a plus
- Experience with Amazon AWS development a plus
- Experience with Amazon’s Elastic Search product a plus
- Experience with DB design and development a plus
- Experience with performance analysis and tuning of applications and databases a plus
- Experience with CD/CI concept and pipelines a plus
- Experience with web security and best practices a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Development, or a combination of education and equivalent experience in a related field required.