Saggezza is a proven technology and consulting partner that delivers personalized, high-value solutions to accelerate business growth. We consult, create experiences, analyze, modernize and digitize to help our clients adapt and transform the way they do business. Saggezza consultants work as part of a global team, and throughout their tenure, have the opportunity to work on a variety of different projects across various clients and industries. We are chartered to do one thing, and one thing only – to bring enabling technology to our clients that allows them to move their business forward.
We are currently looking to hire a Head of Software Development to join our Sunderland team. This is a new role to lead and inspire our growing team of software engineers, setting the standard for technical excellence, pushing skills and knowledge, showing what can be achieved, and continuing to build Saggezza as an engineering powerhouse in the north east.
Reporting to the Director of Operations you will:
- Lead our team of software engineers
- Define how we think about software engineering and how this helps us build the best solutions for our clients’ business needs
- Be an evangelist for writing the most testable and maintainable code possible, relying on behaviour-driven design, test driven development and SOLID principles
- Evolve our team structures to ensure we always have the best leadership to enable our teams to achieve and grow, and can always deliver the best results for our clients
- Help us continue to move from skills-led client engagements to expertise-led engagements
- Be a key member of the senior leadership team, responsible for overall technical project delivery in Sunderland
- Be a senior point of contact for technical escalations and take a hands-on approach to ensure timely resolutions
- Be involved in the creation of new opportunities as part of our overall growth strategy, including business development / pre-sales / tech demonstrations
- Project Saggezza’s technical expertise through thought leadership via social channels, external talks and events.
What we'd like to see:
- An experienced software developer with a demonstrated history of leading high performing teams
- Proven ability to shape the evolution of technology delivery at Saggezza across Development, QA, DevOps and Platform/Cloud Engineering.
- You keep up to date with evolving technical trends and are at the forefront of innovation and thought leadership
- Exceptional communication skills and have the ability to influence internal and external stakeholders on technical and non-technical matters
What Makes Saggezza Unique?
- Strong Relationships: We take the time to know our clients well, from the way they do business to their culture and their unique pain points. This level of engagement enables us to develop highly effective solutions.
- Clients First: We work to understand our clients then develop a unique point of view to address their pain points. We do whatever it takes to provide the right solutions to address their specific situation.
- A Trusted Partner: We collaborate as a true strategic partner and work side-by-side to develop the best solutions to bring our clients’ businesses into the future.
- Passionate Mindset: We have an unending passion for technology and teamwork. We develop highly effective solutions to help our clients tackle the complex digital landscape.
- Creating Value: The right investment in digital change is critical for our clients. That’s why we develop personalized, highly effective solutions that deliver value for their businesses.
- Delivery Excellence: Our proven processes provide high-quality solutions that are delivered on time.
Why Join Our Team
- Our culture is diverse with endless opportunities to work for global corporations in their own backyard.
- Our nurturing and supportive environment fosters collaboration across the entire organization.
- We are not hierarchical but operate as a flat surface where every opinion matters, ideas are cultivated and innovation is encouraged.
- At Saggezza, we are fortunate to have a strong mentorship program that provides each and every one of our consultants the ability to thrive professionally and personally.
- We are only as good as our people. Saggezza, Italian for wisdom, is rooted from the perspective that knowledge is power. We create thought-leaders who are constantly exposed and trained in different technologies in the ever-evolving world of software development.
- We welcome all types of innovators with an entrepreneurial spirit to grow with our team.