The Graduate Internship Scheme is a collaboration between the University of Sunderland, a recent Graduate and a regional SME. The Scheme has been designed to benefit both the Graduate and the company, ensuring that the Graduate takes the first steps on the career ladder whilst the company benefits from the Graduates enthusiasm, expertise and up to date knowledge.
The Internship is a full time position.
Common ilke vintage are a menswear retailer of vintage clothing from the 1940s onwards, plus new branded clothing, footwear and accessories. The bricks & mortar store is in Tynemouth metro station, we also have our own website, and sell the vintage clothing on marketplaces that include Esty and eBay. We ship worldwide and everything is done in house including photography, marketing, and the fulfilment of parcels.
Your position will be responsible for listing new products online, enhancing existing listings and managing the website design and performance. You'll also be involved in creating digital marketing, website & social media content as well as helping in the store and providing genuine, friendly and knowledgeable customer service. You’ll be encouraged to share your ideas to help grow the business.
The role will focus on:
- Ensuring our products are listed across the channels we use efficiently, accurately and effectively. The candidate will need to be familiar with channels such as Shopify, eBay and etsy.
- Utilising SEO knowledge to copy write exciting product descriptions and style recommendations.
- Merchandising the website, ensuring products are displayed in a creative and commercial manner in order to increase interest and ultimately generate sales
- Identifying areas of improvement for the website, including managing Shopify apps and utilising google analytics reports.
- Editing and uploading product images - working with the team to ensure we have the best possible images and videos for the site.
- Helping to organise photoshoots and PR opportunities.
- Updating site content, copy, images and banners based on marketing campaign
- Working closely with the team and Shopify to ensure any technical issues with the website can be resolved as quickly as possible
- Supporting the Director in the implementation and execution of the marketing strategy.
- Helping with all marketing activities, creating marketing materials for both online and offline campaigns
- Updating all social media channels, Facebook, twitter, Instagram - utilising appropriate engagement methods and representing our brand
- Devising social media and online campaigns, including Google Shopping, Instagram and Facebook advertising
- Creating newsletters and email automation emails – researching content, writing copy, liaising with the team for appropriate product pushes and imagery
- Administration regards product management, i.e. creating SKU codes, managing product inventory and providing reporting.
As part of a small team you will be required to assist in other parts of the business and those tasks may include:
- Preparing the products ready to be listed online – measuring, steaming of vintage garments and unpacking and inventory checking.
- Processing customer orders from online sales and managing customer queries via social, phone, email and in store.
- Working in store, providing retail assistance for customers. It’s essential that you enjoy talking to people and build good knowledge.
- Great customer service in a relaxed setting is our ethos, we are looking for someone who has the same energy and passion for the product as our customers.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- To be aware of how to accurately describe products, using clear but creative language.
- Ideally proven visual E-Commerce merchandising/product experience preferably in a fashion environment.
- Very organised and a keen eye for detail.
- Good understanding of figures and analysis.
- Tech savvy.
- An interest in website development.
- At least a basic knowledge of simple coding is preferable.
- Shopify / ecommerce knowledge would be ideal.
- Strong visual communication & presentation skills.
- Strong affinity with fashion and trends.
- Genuine passion for customers, retail, fashion, brand and product.
- A self-starter able to work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to use own initiative and prioritise.
- Keen to learn and develop.
- Passionate about your work with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Motivated, disciplined and career orientated.
- A good sense of humour also helps!.
Please submit a comprehensive CV and Covering Letter including the reference number to email@example.com before the above closing date
Please give a detailed account of your skills and experience and how you meet the stated criteria of the Internship position. If you have any questions, please direct them to the above e-mail address.