Our Client is a rapidly expanding National Digital Print Solutions Company. With offices in London and Newcastle they are looking to recruit a Data Scientist to join a newly centralised team. Based in the North East you will be working to take the business to the next level in terms of how they use data through Personalisation, Customer Experience AI and Relevance algorithms, with a focus on “What-if” analysis and Forecasting.
You will be supported through mentoring, training and experience provided as part of their continuing professional development.
- Be responsible for building models that substantially improve current business operations and Marketing performance
- Be responsible for the performance of these models in production
- Be a subject matter expert on data mining and modelling at scale. Identify opportunities for improvement
- Ensure all documentation is up to date and proportionate to business requirements
- Deliver ad hoc analytical projects and / or research as required
- Gathering and translating business needs into appropriate technical and functional requirements
- Design, development and rollout of effective data repositories to support our reporting objectives
- Utilising best practice, develop and maintain ETL functionality and data platforms using SSIS additional tools and relevant scripting
- Good knowledge of Microsoft SQL stack including SSIS, SSRS and SSAS
- Experienced with relational database technologies and concepts
- Experience working in a commercial environment with the ability to work collaboratively, as well as to handle workflow in accordance with project timelines is required
- Good communication skills to technical audiences, able to explain complex topics in simple terms, adapting communication technical depth to the audience
- Strong business/commercial sense to combine with analytics to help drive recommendations; ability to demonstrate an understanding of the commercial impact of their activities
- Working knowledge of statistics: hypothesis testing, confidence intervals and A/B tests
- Experience of R or Python an advantage.
- Customer focused
- Educated to degree level