NRG are currently recruiting for a Data Engineer on behalf of a well-established client based in Newcastle to manage and contribute to all data development activities ensuring they meet agreed timescales. Develop, construct and maintain solutions and processes to connect operational and distribution systems.
- Oversee solution design ensuring they are aligned with relevant standards and principles.
- Manage and deliver all key aspects of data engineering development activities.
- Develop complex data processing pipelines in cloud and on-prem environments ensuring robustness and scalability.
- Improve data engineering, automation and scaling capabilities.
- Excellent understanding of data engineering techniques and concepts – data ingestion, processing and storage.
- Knowledge and previous use of programming and query languages such as SQL and Java.
- Experience managing project progress against delivery plans.