Remote working considered
Computer Science & IT
Intermediate / Experienced
About the role:
Our Cloud Engineers design, build and operate scalable and reliable infrastructure solutions for our clients hosted in Azure and our Hybrid-Cloud solution. You will have a solid understanding of cloud fundamentals including deployment methods, security of cloud solutions and cost management and use these to continually improve the infrastructures we deploy and manage for our clients.
In this role, you will work over our portfolio of clients where we deliver and support solutions with Windows, Linux and Cloud varying from traditional infrastructure to cloud native, from Active Directory to Machine Learning and Enterprise Migrations to Mission Critical Application Hosting.
As a Cloud Engineer, day to day you will be:
• Will be working on some of the largest and leading-edge projects, leading our customers cloud transformation and operations initiatives.
• You will deploy core Azure solutions across the Azure platform (networking, security, identity, DR, storage, subscription models, strategy & governance) for major enterprise projects
• Work within our shared service to support one or more clients or projects and internal support to the team with your specialist areas
• Ensure systems are designed, implemented and supported in-line with the availability and uptime requirements and identifying improvement opportunities to meet and exceed these metrics
You are deeply technical and enjoy solving complex technical challenges and have a desire to work with global teams and offshore resources. This is an excellent role for a confident, individual looking to work in a dynamic, agile environment in a highly autonomous role
Skills profile we require for the Cloud Engineer:
• Deploying Azure IaaS and PaaS solutions - experience in AWS and GCP beneficial
• Operating Systems: Windows; Linux
• Familiar in two or more of the following: Azure ARM templates, Terraform, PowerShell DSC
• Familiar with CI/CD using Azure DevOps
• Familiar with Azure Security components such as Azure Security Centre and Sentinel
• Microsoft Azure Infrastructure and Deployment Certifications: Az-100 and Az-101
How do we reward you? We offer:
• Opportunity to work for Microsoft’s global alliance partner of the year (14 years in a row), with exceptional development and training (minimum 80 hours per year for training and paid certifications)
• Private Medical Cover, Income Protection Policy, Extended benefits, Bonus, 80 hours per annum studying towards Microsoft Certifications, generous pension and much more!
• Avanade University – real-time access to technical and skilled resources globally
• Dedicated career advisor to encourage your progression
• Engaged and helpful coworkers genuinely interested in you
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 39,000 digitally connected people across 25 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honours diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at http://www.avanade.com/
Avanade® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate applicants without regard to race, colour, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.