NRG are delighted to be working with a rapidly growing financial services provider based in Newcastle. Our client is looking for a Software Development Trainer to teach and coach industry-leading software skills within their internal training Academy.
Your role will also focus on improving and developing the software development courses within the Academy to meet with the technical demands of the business.
This position will initially be remote but may require limited office-working days in the future.
- Deliver inspiring training and coaching sessions to groups and individual learners covering a range of software development languages and practices
- Support learners within the academy associated with the software development programmes
- Ensure that the software development training courses and any other courses you present and develop are done to the best of your abilities and to the standard acceptable by the business.
- Actively support, mentor and motivate learners across the entire learner journey to help them with the timely completion of their learning aims
- Assist management to identify new training needs in relation to changing requirements in the software development function
- Proactively monitor, evaluate and improve the quality and effectiveness of own workload and working practices to ensure deadlines and targets are met and that the learner has an outstanding experience.
- To maintain and update own knowledge, skills and occupational competence as required by the software development function
- Responsible for the delivery of the programme to the agreed schedule and standards
- To maintain accurate learner and training documentation
- Previous training experience in software development
- Previous commercial experience in software development
- Previous experience of delivering technical education and training to internal staff
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; you must have an ability to communicate and explain technical concepts in an easy to understand manner
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build relationships, rapport and a strong understanding with each learner
- Able to design engaging learning materials and training sessions
- Excellent ability to encourage and motivate learners
- Confident with the use of general IT systems and databases