Remote working considered
Computer Science & IT
Intermediate / Experienced
201 – 500 employees
As the UK’s most innovative fintech, we’re taking a mobile-first approach and redefining what a bank should be. Using technology, we’re making things easier, transparent and better value for people and businesses.
Based in Durham, we’re committed to bringing world-class career opportunities and developing a strong tech culture in the North East. Our team currently has over 400 brilliant people and is still growing; could you be the next innovator to join us?
Here’s some of the tech we use...
• Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
Our tech journey: We’re investing millions in building the best banking machine in the world on Google’s Cloud Platform.
What else should you know…
Platform: We’ve taken the very best cloud native technologies and partnered them with contemporary data architecture to create a platform that we believe is the envy of the world.
Agile principles: Our move to GCP means we can fully embrace agile principles with autonomous teams, rapid release cycles and automated testing.
Innovation: Named by KPMG as one of the top ten Global FinTech innovators for four consecutive years, and with multiple projects funded by the UK science budget to bring great analytics and tech to banking, you can expect to be working on cutting-edge projects utilising machine learning and artificial intelligence to transform the way people and businesses do banking.
Want to join us?
We’re on a mission to disrupt banking, and with exciting and challenging work and outstanding perks, it means we work in an environment in which you can personally grow.
That’s why, when we’re recruiting, we’re looking for individuals who are as enthusiastic and passionate as we are about changing banking for the better.
Technology is what makes the world go round. It is also what enables us to offer the most efficient, user-friendly app-based bank and ensures that we remain an employer of choice in the Fintech space. The Technology team is made up of; Testing, Engineering, DevOps, Change, Service Management & Architecture. Together they design, develop and deliver a customer journey that represents Atom and its strong values throughout.
The Engineering team consists of Web Development, Automation, Integration, iOS, Android, Middleware, Micro Services & Data Management. The team collaborate, support and work closely with other areas within the business including DevOps, Architecture & Insight and Intelligence.
We have an opportunity for a Back-End Engineer to join our Integration team, where you will work alongside the business teams, project managers, business analysts and testers to extend and build out our backend services and banking support platforms.
Our back-end systems are written in Go, Python and Java.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no 2 days the same in Atom):
• Responsible for developing various process solutions across business processes and systems using appropriate SW languages/tools
• You will design and develop data models/structures and API contracts, data transforms, algorithms using appropriate SW languages/tools
• You will be responsible for maintaining all associated design and document artefacts
• Ensure all developed components have the appropriate level of quality and governance (version control, documentation, unit testing)
• Responsible for resolving QA defects by working closely with the business and testing teams
• You will work with the business sponsor of the process changes, to iteratively improve the solution and hone the data outputs
What do we need from you?
• A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
• Experience working with Python, Golang, Java, YAML, SQL & NoSQL
• A good understanding of APIs and API structures
• Exposure to an understanding of a standard project lifecycle
• The ability to understand business problems and think through technical solutions
What would we ideally like from you?
• Agile project methodology experience
• Exposure to Message Queues, Kafka and Mulesoft
• Work experience in a technical environment
• Knowledge of Mobile Development
What you’ll get from us:
• Competitive Salary
• Annual Share Option – performance related
• Incredibly generous Company pension scheme, candidate contributes (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
• ‘All About Me’ fund - £200 per year to spend on personal development
• 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days - rising by half a day with every year in the company
• Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
• Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
• Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
• Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
• Cycle to work Scheme
• Continuous development – professional qualifications
• Challenging and exciting working environment
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom Bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).APPLY NOW