Computer Science & IT
Managerial / Senior
Note: We are not able to accept applications from those requiring Visa/ Work permit sponsorship. Applicants must already be eligible to live and work in UK.
About the role
Our Cloud Technical Leads are the face of our service where we design, build and operate scalable and reliable infrastructure solutions hosted in Azure and our Hybrid-Cloud. You will have a solid experience of cloud architecture and deployment methods including, security of cloud solutions, cost management and use these to continually improve the infrastructure we manage for clients.
In this role, you will work over our portfolio of clients where we deliver and support solutions with Windows, Linux and Cloud varying from traditional infrastructure to cloud native, from Active Directory to Machine Learning and Enterprise Migrations to Mission Critical Application Hosting.
Day-to-day, As an Azure Technical Lead you:
• Work on some of the largest and leading-edge projects, leading our customers cloud transformation and operations initiatives.
• Own the technical architecture and direction for a client
• Manage, nurture and develop a team ranging from 2-10 people
• Design and maintain observability metrics for applications and infrastructure we support
• Creating systems, tools & processes that will enhance our Clients support and operations
• Deploy solutions across the Azure platform for major enterprise projects
You are deeply technical and enjoy solving complex technical challenges and have a desire to work with global teams and offshore resources. You can communicate and present information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form combined with hands-on experience deploying infrastructure in Azure - experience in AWS and GCP beneficial.
You have proven experience in a technical lead or operations role with great communication skills and are comfortable working directly with a client and you are leading and mentoring your team.
Other Desirable Technical Experience:
• Designing and Deploying Azure IaaS and PaaS solutions - experience in AWS and GCP beneficial
• Operating Systems: Windows; Linux
• Familiar in two or more of the following: Azure ARM templates, Terraform, PowerShell, Puppet, Chef, Ansible
• Familiar with CI/CD using Azure DevOps
• Familiar with Azure Security components such as Azure Security Centre and Sentinel
• Microsoft Azure Solution Architect Certifications: Az-300 and Az-301
How do we reward you? We offer:
• Opportunity to work for Microsoft’s global alliance partner of the year (14 years in a row), with exceptional development and training (minimum 80 hours per year for training and paid certifications)
• Private Medical Cover, Income Protection Policy, Extended benefits, Bonus, 80 hours per annum studying towards Microsoft Certifications, generous pension and much more!
• Avanade University – real-time access to technical and skilled resources globally
• Dedicated career advisor to encourage your progression
• Engaged and helpful coworkers genuinely interested in you
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 39,000 digitally connected people across 25 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honours diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at http://www.avanade.com/
Avanade® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate applicants without regard to race, colour, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.